Use arrow keys to navigate
Date of Completion
This scheme involved the redevelopment of a redundant farmyard site that lay within the village Conservation Area, between a listed farmhouse and the Parish Church.
It included the conversion of former single and two storey barns into homes, the construction of four new detached houses and the relocation of an existing open fronted timber framed hay store for use as covered parking.
The houses have traditional roof spans and pitches, under natural slate roofs. Walls are brick to match adjacent farmyard buildings with restrained eaves and arch detailing consistent with that found elsewhere on the site. Eaves levels have been kept as low as possible and the proportions and patterns of window openings are traditional. Privacy between the houses and adjacent buildings has been achieved through the layout and by careful planning of the internal accommodation. Sensitive landscaping and, in particular, the use of native broadleaf trees and the post and rail fencing and hedging of boundaries make an important contribution to the setting of the development.
Next up in Conservation and Rural projects - North End Farm, Odell
Do you have a project in mind? +44(0)1234 241758